Wednesday 30 November 2011

Are creases contained by people's earlobes a sign of heart disease?

I have hear this before. I enjoy also noticed that everyone I know who have had a heart attack (and, palpably, survived) has a insightful crease in respectively ear lobe. But I don't know if it is a medically accepted reality or not. So, thanks for asking, and I am going to study the answers to this question. (I am a non-creaser myself, but hold almost no lobe to speak of, so take little comfort from that LOL)
They can be. It seem to be a pretty good sign, so much so that if you own them you should get your heart checked.
I other thoght it was because they have had their ears pierced a long time ago and hadn't used earrings surrounded by a long time so the skin closed up.
The book The Art of Oriental Face Reading by Sue Woodd might have the answer.
Apparently here is a link, but the nouns is not clear:
Baldness, short stature, thoracic hairiness, and diagonal earlobe crease are found in some patients near atherosclerosis. They have be associated with an increased incidence of coronary heart disease. The apparatus is unclear. Genetic abnormality may be responsible.
See this link for more:

No comments:

Post a Comment